6 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

KTRK 13 hires Simon Gutierrez, mysterious former KSAT 12 reporter

To contact us Click HERE
Simon Gutierrez moves from KSAT 12 San Antonio to KTRK abc13 Houston

Simon Gutierrez, a former KSAT 12 San Antonio reporter, showed up on KTRK 13 this morning. He replaces Crystal Kobza, the feature of my number 12th most visited post of 2012, who has apparently left the TV news world.

I call Gutierrez mysterious, because there is not much available about him online.

An old cached bio page says he started reporting for KSAT 12 News in December 2007. He is an award-winning and two-time Emmy nominated reporter who's been working in television for more than a decade.

Before Texas, worked three years in Hartford, Connecticut, and for two years as at ESPN. He is from Elmira, Oregon and graduated from the University of Oregon in Eugene.

His Twitter accounts have been inactive for a few months. This past September, Gutierrez's last tweet said it was his final day at KSAT. He responded to someone he was taking "a sabbatical."

He then fell off the grid, not in a Ted Kaczynsk way, just not active in a public social media way.

Now I wouldn't be Mike McGuff if I didn't hear a few weeks ago that Gutierrez announced on his private Facebook account that he was coming to KTRK as a temporary reporter. I just couldn't confirm that because he wouldn't friend me. So I figured the day would come soon when he just showed up.

This scenario should serve as solace to all of the TV people being harassed by management/consultants to keep updating on social media. Clearly stopping the grind for a while will not hurt future job prospects. He just landed at market 10's top TV station. In fact, lack of social media posts might have actually helped him there.

I'm still sticking with social media however for the time being. Get breaking media news immediately by following me on Twitter or Facebook. Consider following me payment for all the time I waste bringing you this blog everyday.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder